From whitening your teeth to treating many diseases, strawberry health benefits are simply amazing! Look at the list and check it for yourself!
Aside from being ridiculously delicious, strawberries are full with nutrients, vitamins and minerals. Plus, you can do whatever you want with them: eat them raw, put them in your ice cream or pancake, in cakes or many other mouthwatering recipes.
But have you ever thought of strawberry health benefits? Nope? It’s enough that they taste amazing? Well, it’s never too late to find out something else other than the taste to “convince” you to eat them more (yeah, like you really need convincing, right?)
8 strawberry health benefits
- This fruit is loaded with vitamin C; in fact, 8 strawberries have vitamin C more than what you know to be the fruit richest in vitamin C, the orange. This vitamin is needed for adrenal glands that require an extreme number of vitamin C in order to function properly. That being said, you need strawberries to strengthen your organism and arteries.
- In addition, strawberries are researched thoroughly and it is concluded that they help arthritis and heart diseases treatments.
- Also, they reduce blood sugar, so they good for diabetics as well. But that’s not all. They help with mood swings and obesity caused by high sugar levels in your blood.
- Moreover, due to the anthocyanins contained in strawberries, strawberries are great for melting your body fat. Here’s another reason why you should eat them more; you’ll be healthy and fit.
- In fact, strawberries, out of all the fruits, are number four most potent antioxidants. You know that you need antioxidants to cleanse your body, lose weight and fight diseases.
- Having allergies? Eat strawberries! They have active anti-allergic properties due to the phenolic acids that they contain. The thing is, strawberries are helpful in reducing the biochemical processes that cause allergic reactions in the first place. Unfortunately, as there are many food allergies, some people are allergic to strawberries (so sad, right?). This group of unfortunate people should avoid them and try finding solution for their allergies elsewhere.
- Last but not least, there’s another health benefit you could use and that’s anti-inflammation, along with sedative properties. So, whenever you’re having some kind of inflammation, having trouble sleeping or feeling some pain, eat a nice handful of strawberries. It turns out they help reducing the acute phase reactant C-reactive protein levels.
- The best things always come last, right? Incredibly enough, strawberries contain flavonoids, anti-cancer agents, that interfere with cancer cell development and multiplying; ergo, prevents cancer to develop more stages.