What we consider the healthiest morning drink nowadays is actually causing breast cancer and many other health conditions. BEWARE!
In an effort to join the health revolution, many households have switched from cow’s milk to soy milk. Unlike cow’s milk, soy milk does not contain lactose, so for people who avoid dairy products, such as vegetarians or those with lactose intolerance, soy milk seems to be a good choice. In addition, soy milk is also a good source of protein, iron, B vitamins and calcium while it is low in saturated fat and cholesterol. Sounds good apparently, right? Sounds like it really is the healthiest morning drink? The only problem is that research has shown that the consumption of soy milk can put your health in serious danger.
The ingredients of soy milk are:
- Soy milk itself (filtered water with soy beans)
- Cane sugar
- Sea salt
- Calcium carbonate
- Vitamin A palmitate
- Vitamin D2
- B12 vitamin
Most of those ingredients probably sound familiar to you, and they do not look so bad, but carrageenan may be one you are not so familiar with. In fact, carrageenans are a family of sulfated linear polysaccharides that are extracted from edible seaweed. Food industry uses it for its gelling properties, thickeners and stabilizers.
Not only the body is not able to digest the carrageenan, but also that it has no nutritional value whatsoever. Although it is a derivative of a natural source, it is destructive to the immune system. It triggers a negative immune response that causes inflammation. Furthermore, research has linked carrageenan with a higher rate of colon cancer along with gastrointestinal inflammation that can cause irritable bowel syndrome (IBS), spastic colon, chronic diarrhea and inflammatory bowel disease.
While the type of food you choose to put on your body is a personal choice, having more information is the best way to make a decision that will benefit your health. Clearly, soy milk has been a subject of controversy for years, but there is a significant amount of evidence that can have harmful effects on the body.
10 reasons why you should avoid the “healthiest morning drink”
- Soy contain large amounts of natural toxins that affect estrogen levels. Drinking only two glasses of soy milk a day can significantly alter the hormones in a woman’s body, which disrupts the menstrual cycle.
- Soybeans contain hemagglutinin, a substance that promotes blood clots, causing red blood cells to cluster.
- About 99% of the soybean is genetically modified, so it contains one of the highest levels of pesticide contamination.
- Soy and soy products contain high levels of phytic acid, which inhibits the assimilation of calcium, magnesium, copper, iron and zinc.
- Soy foods contain high levels of aluminum, which is toxic to the body and adversely affects the nervous system and kidneys, and research links it to Alzheimer’s disease.
- Fragile soy proteins are exposed to high temperatures during processing by making the soy protein isolate and become a textured vegetable protein. This makes them dangerous for human digestion.
- Soy contains toxic isoflavones – genistein and daidzein. These can stimulate the existing growth of breast cancer.
- Soya contains plant estrogens called phytoestrogens, which alter endocrine function and can lead to infertility and breast cancer in women.
- Soy foods have high levels of goitrogens, which block the production of thyroid hormones.
- Nitrates, potent carcinogens, form during the spray-drying process.
Evidently, this is not so much of a healthiest morning drink, right? Therefore, you could consume it in moderation, but not all the time, and certainly not every morning! Another reason to turn to veggies and fruits maybe?
Please SHARE this important health information with your friends and family. Thank you!