People with diabetes should definitely eat this vegetable more often, as it would improve their condition. Moreover, it gives a lot of other health benefits!
Diabetes is the alteration of glucose in the blood, when the pancreas cannot produce insulin properly. Insulin, in return, is responsible for keeping glucose level balanced. If they do not treat it properly, people with diabetes can lose their life. That is why you should always check your blood glucose.
We will give you an ingredient that you probably do not eat, but it will help people with diabetes help control their disease. Continue reading so you know why this ingredient is good for treating diabetes.
People with diabetes should start eating beans more often!
If there is something that people with diabetes should eat are legumes. Professionals recommend considerable increase in their consumption.
All this because they can help reduce insulin resistance, which characterizes type 2 diabetes, and helps control diabetes.
Legumes that are recommended to consume are pinto beans or black beans. Red beans are not as good as they have less digestible starch. The reason why legumes are so healthy and highly recommended comes from the fact that they contain starch-blocking properties of digestion which can help it go down the colon to alienate the good bacteria found in it.
5 Benefits of Beans for Health
- Beans are a source of complex carbohydrates, protein, vitamins, minerals and fiber. They have a low fat content and, because it is a food of plant origin, they do not contain cholesterol.
- Beans are ideal for caring for a person with diabetes. Their complex carbohydrates are absorbed more slowly than simple carbohydrates (sugar, sweets, honey, candies, etc.). Thus, they’re helping to prevent abrupt increases in blood sugar levels.
- They have high content of thiamine, riboflavin, niacin and folic acid. The first three are necessary for the production of energy. For its part, folic acid is essential for the formation and maturation of cells, so it is essential during pregnancy, to prevent neural tube defects.
- 100 grams of beans contain about 17 grams of fiber. This is important considering the benefits of fiber to reduce blood cholesterol levels and the risk of chronic diseases, such as obesity, diabetes and cancer.
- If eating beans causes gas problems or flatulence, the solution is simple. Before cooking the beans, soak them in water for an hour and remove the liquid. Since the components that generate the gases are a type of carbohydrates are in the shell of the beans, they dissolve in the water.
Equally remember to visit a nutritionist so that it is a health professional that approves if in your particular case you can consume beans and give you advice on what you should eat if you have diabetes. This is very important. Beware!
Don’t forget to SHARE this article with other people with diabetes you know on your social networks. They could benefit from it as well!