For relieving skin irritation from shaving, inflammation and redness, use one of these 5 homemade treatments with perfectly natural ingredients!
Currently, there is a wide variety of hair removal methods that, in a matter of minutes, help us remove unwanted hair from our body.
Although their effects vary in each person, they often turn out to be slightly irritating, causing sensitivity, inflammation and red spots on the skin.
These symptoms can remain from minutes to hours, depending on the type of skin, method used and, of course, aftercare.
Because of this, it is good to know some soothing remedies that, from natural ingredients, deflate the affected areas and reduce burning and dryness, calming the skin irritation from shaving.
Here we share in detail the top 5 so do not hesitate to take them into account the next time you shave.
Calm skin irritation from shaving
Shea butter treatment
This treatment of shea butter contains large amounts of vitamin E, fatty acids and antioxidant compounds that help regenerate the skin and calm the skin irritation from shaving.
In fact, its nutrients reduce inflammation after waxing and help retain natural moisture to keep the skin soft and smooth.
- 2 tablespoons of shea butter (30 g)
- 1 tablespoon of almond oil (15 g)
- A spoonful of honey of bees (25 g)
First, pour the shea butter in a heat resistant container and put it in the water bath.
Then, when it is melted, add the almond oil and honey.
Remove the ingredients and make sure they are well integrated.
Remove the product and let it sit at room temperature until it solidifies.
– First, rub the remedy on the shaved areas and let it act 20 minutes.
– Then, rinse with warm water and dry with gentle touches, using a towel or cloth.
Treatment of jojoba oil and almond oil
The ingredients that we combine in this natural treatment provide the skin with fatty acids, amino acids and essential vitamins that favor its cell regeneration process.
It is an alternative moisturizer that, due to its anti-inflammatory properties, helps to reduce the irritation caused by hair removal.
- 1 teaspoon of jojoba oil (5 g)
- 2 tablespoons of almond oil (30 g)
Combine the jojoba oil with the tablespoons of almond oil.
– First, apply the remedy over the irritated areas and massage it until it produces a slight sensation of heat.
– Then, let it work without rinsing and, if you consider it necessary, repeat its use twice a day.
Treatment with sodium bicarbonate
The astringent and antimicrobial properties of sodium bicarbonate help clean the surface of the skin to remove the remaining residues of depilatory cream or wax.
In addition, its compounds decrease the inflammation of the pores and create a barrier against the bacteria that cause infections.
- 2 tablespoons of baking soda (20 g)
- 2 tablespoons of coconut oil (30 g)
Combine the baking soda with the coconut oil until you get a creamy paste.
– First, rub the remedy over irritated areas, performing gentle circular massages.
– Then, leave the product to act for 5 minutes and rinse.
Further info: 8 Shaving Mistakes Everyone Makes Without Being Aware Of It!
Natural yogurt treatment
The lactic acid in natural yogurt is an active compound that helps regulate the pH of the skin to reduce the redness and irritation that remains after waxing.
In this case, we enhance its properties with the anti-inflammatory qualities of chamomile oil, an anti-allergenic product that reduces burning.
- 5 tablespoons of plain yogurt (100 g)
- 1 teaspoon of chamomile essential oil (5 g)
Pour the tablespoons of plain yogurt into a bowl and mix with chamomile essential oil.
– First, apply the remedy on the shaved areas and let it act 20 minutes.
– Then, rinse with cold water and repeat its use 2 or 3 days in a row.
Because of its concentration of anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial compounds, calendula flowers are a good alternative to reduce the irritation and burning that is produced by the application of an aggressive depilatory method.
- 1 cup of water (250 ml)
- 2 tablespoons of calendula flowers (20 g)
Boil a cup of water and, when it reaches a boil, add the calendula flowers.
Let the drink stand at room temperature until it is completely cold.
– First, spray the liquid on the irritated areas and let it act without rinsing.
– Then, use it 2 times a day for better results.
Did you suffer aggressions on your skin due to hair removal? If you feel pain and you notice a slight redness, try some of these natural remedies and counteract it.
Don’t forget to SHARE how to calm skin irritation from shaving with your friends and family as well, on your social networks!